In public sector, the focus is on:
- Hike internal working level of promotion and enhance across-unit integration as
well as solve problems of insufficient human resources and difficulties in implementing
- Solve problems about unclear demand for map data by various agencies and unavailability
of needed maps.
- Enhance capabilities of national land surveying and mapping center.
- Strengthen standardization of GIS data and supply mechanism across agencies.
- Solve problems about delay in establishing databases due to unstable and insufficient
funds arising from year-by-year budgeting.
- Keep minimizing duplication of setting up the same databases by different agencies
to prevent waste of resources.
- Offer a mechanism for encouraging the private sector`s participation in NGIS.
In private sector, the focus is on:
- Improve quality of and pricing for government-produced NGIS data to increase the
private sector¡¦s willingness for value-added application.
- Examine existing policies to draw up plans to boost development of Taiwan¡¦s GIS
- Clearly define the roles of industries, the government and the academic field in
development of NGIS.